Hi there! My name is Michelle Mospens. I am a professional illustrator and designer and have been designing custom invitations for 20 years. Mospens Studio is a very small husband-and-wife design studio based in Ohio. I work side-by-side with my husband James of 26 years. He is a self taught designer and letterpress printer. We LOVE designing fine art invites for creative wedding couples and the seasoned hostess.
HOW IT WORKS
1. VIEW OUR DESIGNS – Browse our gallery of work to see if you like our style.
2. ORDER A SAMPLE – Like what you see? Yay! If you haven’t seen our cards in your hands… Order a tangible sample pack to feel our quality.
3. TELL US ABOUT YOU & YOUR VISION – Contact us with the printing style and design you have in mind (ideas: venue illustration, simple letterpress, watercolor florals in my signature style, custom illustrated landscape, beach theme and tropical elements, nautical themed, country garden in blue hues only, … you get the idea) and quantity needed for a quote today! Tip: Most times one wedding invitation is sent to one household/couple. Count one invite per address, not one per person.
4. PAY IN FULL – Full payment is due to start working with us. We will create a Custom Listing for you to pay on our secure website.
5. DESIGN ELEMENTS – Design ideas: I am happy to match your design to your pinterest boards (color schemes, table settings, floral designs, photos of locations you have, etc.) However, I will not copy any other designers work due to copyright laws. You can have us choose or you can choose Fonts, Ink Colors, and Paper/Envelopes/Folder/Card Backing Colors. You can email all wording after you order. Need wording ideas? We are here to help! Browse our many wording ideas
6. PROOFING – You get 3 proof sets for free. This includes font, ink color, and wording changes. We start with one proof, then you make changes or approve to print. Any proof after 3 is $15 each set. This does not include new art creation or illustration changes. Request a quote for new custom-made art.
7. PRINTING – After you approve to print, printing takes about 7-10 business days. Rush printing is available for full color printing. Letterpress and foil printing is a little more tricky to rush, due to the plate having to be ordered.
8. SHIPPING – We live in Ohio and ship your custom invites from our home studio. Depending on our location, it can take 2-4 business days. Next day shipping is available for an additional fee. Just give us your shipping address for a quote.
HOW LONG DOES THIS TAKE
Typically the entire process takes about 6-8 weeks for Custom Illustrated Suite from start to in your hands. Pretty please plan ahead, as we do not and can not take on all custom wedding art projects.
CUSTOM ILLUSTRATED ARTWORK TERMS
Original artwork is painted one time. No digital files art exchanged. If you wish to submit a very rough sketch to display your ideas or discuss details on the phone first, set up a time to chat via phone. Artist owns all rights to artwork, allow 2-4 weeks for art creation, no refunds on custom art, if new art needs to be created a new quote is required for the work.
One-of-a-kind illustrations (no clip art here. all art is created me! the artist, Michelle Mospens)
Watercolor illustrated wedding paper
Creative and fun save the date cards
Letterpress wedding invitations
Beach wedding invitations
Destination wedding invitations
Floral watercolor invitation designs
Custom wedding maps
Wedding venue save the date cards
Watercolor landscape illustration invitations
Letterpress printing – We print all cards on our very own vintage Heidelberg printing press.
Gold foil printing
Full color archival digital printing
Raised ink thermography printing
All work & images by Michelle Mospens © Mospens Studio