You get your wedding invitations in your hands and then its time to stuff them, address them then… adhere the envelopes shut, take them to your post master to have them weighed, and finally you mail them to your lovely guests. Stop right there, let’s rewind…
Only about 4 brides have called or wrote to me in 12 years (of making handmade wedding invitations) and said their envelopes didn’t stay shut. Come to find out most of the time they were licking, sticking and wetting the inner envelope. So here are a few tips to help you with this very simple task:
1. Only moisten your OUTER ENVELOPE edging. Do not moisten your inner envelope, more than likely they do not have adhesive on them.
2. Do not over moisten the envelope adhesive. To much moisture will wipe away most adhesive causing your envelopes to not adhere properly.
3. Personally I wouldn’t use my … well … I wouldn’t adhere them like Susan is, shown here. I would use a tube type moistener from Staples.
4. Once you have adhered the envelope shut, do not open and try to glue shut again. Get a new envelope.
5. Never use just seals/stickers alone to keep your envelope flaps closed. I have personal experience with this. The flaps will tear and open your envelope.
Just remember to KEEP IT SIMPLE. Breathe and enjoy!!
Questions? Please feel free to ask me and post them here! xo
Photo credit from Daily Seinfeld.