Hello! My name is Victoria Sharkey, a creative director/southern belle from that slice of pie known as South Carolina, and I am thoroughly enjoying the process of planning my destination wedding on the beautiful island of Kauai 🙂 *April 30, 2011*
I figured I’d share some thoughts along the way…
Our post wedding shindig is going to be hosted by my oh so lovely grandmother in her back yard in my home town of Summerville, SC (right outside of Charleston) come June when we get back from Hawaii.Â This shindig is going to be totally fun to prepare for, but what party isn’t fun to plan. Not only are my g-parents fabulous gardeners, but they told me they have a few surprises up their sleeves 😉
Here are a few image ideas for my back yard party/reception … enjoy!
My favorite of them all… the letters hanging from the tree trunk. Those look like they were bought like that, but I see a total DIY project for sure. Buy ’em plain, grab some paint and a brush and voila, go to town on the design. Which is your favorite?
1. Glass Candle Holders hanging from a Tree… www.maloman.com
2. Tree Trunk Letters… www.jessica-johnston.com
3. Love Birds w/photos… Rachel Barker @ www.milliehollomanblog.com
4. Wooden Heart against the wall… www.tecpetajaphoto.com
5. Tablescape… www.lisalefkowitz.com
6. Colorful Cups… www.lisalefkowitz.com