Handmade starfish are super easy to make!
You can make the salt dough quickly, use a cookie cutter to cut to size, bake, and then enjoy as ornaments or beach themed decor.
Here is a super quick video I made for my Vine.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup salt
3/4 cup water
– Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
– Combine ingredients
– Roll dough out or flatten with your hands to about 1/2″ thick
– Use cookie cutter star to cut shapes
– If you are using as an ornament, use a toothpick to make your hole now.
– Bake. Place starfish cut outs on a cookie sheet and bake for about 1 hour or until they are no longer pliable. This is very important because you want them to be durable.
After the starfish cooled, I painted mine with white acrylic paint.
These are NOT edible. For decoration only. 🙂
Add them to a glass vase or mason jar and tie with jute for super cute beach themed home decor.